Police Constable Requirements:
- A graduate of the Atlantic Police Academy or an equivalent police training facility OR five (5) years uninterrupted recent experience with an accredited Canadian police agency.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral at an above average level.
- Skills in decision making, problem solving and independent judgment.
- Candidates must have a medical examination conducted by the Cape Breton Regional Municipality’s medical physician.
- Successfully pass vision examination.
- Must possess current standard First Aid and Level “C” CPR Certification.
- Drivers Abstract with an acceptable driving record.
- Up to date resume.
- Three (3) letters of reference of which one (1) must be a work reference.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Canadian driver’s license.
- Must submit to a Criminal Records Check and sign a consent form giving permission for a background check.
- Complete a Pre-Employment Polygraph examination at the applicant’s expense.
- Complete and pass physical abilities testing at the applicant’s expense.
- Successfully pass entrance interview board.
NOTE: Successful completion of a Polygraph and physical test within the last year may be acceptable.
An undergraduate degree from an accredited university in Arts or Social Science with demonstrated work experience/volunteer experience with community groups or an equivalent combination of education and experience.