We are Serving with you - For you
Be assured: we WILL continue providing police services to the community throughout this pandemic.
Effective December 23, 2021:
For enhanced safety of essential workers, CBRM buildings are again closed to public access.
All in-person services – criminal record checks, fine payments, fingerprinting – are temporarily suspended, until buildings re-open.
Do you need to speak to police?
- During business hours, call 902-563-5165 or 902-563-5166.
- After-hours, call the non-emergency dispatch line at 902-563-5151.
- FOR EMERGENCIES CALL 9-1-1
**NOTE: If you are required to report to police as part of Court-ordered conditions, please attend at the building and pick up the phone on the outside of the building to confirm your required check-in with police staff.
In doing our part for the health and safety of our citizens and our employees, we have adjusted our service delivery to protect the wellbeing of the community and control the spread of COVID-19.
- To limit direct in-person contact, we will process calls for service over the telephone wherever possible.Officers will continue to respond in person to emergency situations which pose an immediate risk to public safety.
- You will see officers wearing personal protective equipment, such as masks and gloves, and practicing all reasonable precautions where appropriate, including physical distance, when interacting with members of the public.
- When you call for police assistance, and before an officer is sent to respond to your location, you will be asked questions about any symptoms or exposure to COVID-19, so that officers interacting with you can prepare for protection.
All emergency services remain fully functional and we have contingency plans in place to address any impacts to our staffing levels and ensure continued police service.
For non-emergency police assistance, please call 902-563-5151. In an emergency, always dial 9-1-1.