We are Serving with you - For you
Be assured: we WILL continue providing police services to the community throughout this pandemic.
With the health and safety of citizens and our employees in mind, we are implementing precautionary measures to protect the wellbeing of our community and limit the spread of COVD-19.
- Our building is open to public access *by appointment only.* This is part of public health prevention measures for all CBRM buildings, to continue to limit the potential spread of COVID-19.
- For in-person services - criminal record checks, fingerprinting, information requests and motor vehicle accident reports - please call 902-563-5165 or 902-563-5166 to request an appointment.
- Safety and security protocols are in place at the building: hand sanitizer on entry and exit, sign-in and sign-out, screening questions, staff escort at all times and physical distancing markers.
- When you call for police assistance, you will be asked questions about your recent travel and/or any symptoms of COVID-19, so that officers interacting with can prepare for protection.
- Are you currently or recently quarantined because of COVID-19?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has been quarantined because of COVID-19?
- Do you have a fever (38 degrees/ 100.4 or higher) or a new or increasingly worse cough?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has a fever (38 degrees/ 100.4 or higher) or a new or increasingly worse cough?
- You may see officers wearing personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves and practicing all reasonable precautions where appropriate when interacting with members of the public.
- To limit public contact and mitigate potential staff shortages, we may process some calls for service over the telephone instead of having an officer attend. These decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
All emergency services are fully functional. We have contingency plans ready to address any impacts to our staffing levels and ensure continued police service. We are taking direction from health and emergency response authorities and will update you on any other changes to our service if and when they arise.
For non-emergency police assistance, please call 902-563-5151. In an emergency, always dial 9-1-1.