The Cape Breton Regional Police Service is now accepting resumes for police constables.
All local applicants must pick up the police application packages in person from the Commissionaire, First Floor - City Hall. If you are unable to pick up the application package or you are from outside the local area, please phone 902-563-5058 to make alternate arrangements.
Candidates for the positions must meet the following qualifications.
- Canadian Citizen or landed immigrant status. Must provide a copy of a birth certificate and/or citizenship certificate
- 19 years of age.
- Education Requirements - A graduate of the Atlantic Police Academy or an equivalent Police Training facility OR Five (5) years uninterrupted recent experience with an accredited Canadian police agency (Copy must be attached).
- All former graduates from the APA or equivalent police training facility may be considered.
- Experienced police officers are encouraged to apply. The CBRPS does not practice a lateral entry process. Successful candidates will not retain their previous rank, compensation or senority; prior service may be recognized when determining starting salary.
- Preferred - An undergraduate degree from an accredited university in Arts or Social Science with demonstrated work experience/volunteer experience with community groups or an equivalent combination of education and experience (Copy Must be Attached).
- Police Application Package – All local applicants must pick up the application packages in person from the Commissionaire, First Floor City Hall. If you are unable to pick up the application package or you are from outside the local area, please phone 902-563-5058 to make alternate arrangements.
- MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS - Candidates must be medically fit in order to be accepted into the program. The PARE Medical Clearance Form must be completed by a physician (included in the application package).
- Laboratory Requisition – Results must be faxed to the Human Resources Department at 902-563-5582 (included in the application package)
- EKG Form – Results must be faxed to the Human Resources Department at 902-563-5582 (included in the application package)
- Visual Requirements - Successfully pass vision examination (included in the application package).
- Hearing Requirements - Successfully pass hearing examination (included in the application package).
- CBRM Medical Examination of Fitness for Work – This form must be completed by the Applicant (included in the application package).
- Criminal Record Check - Persons who have been found guilty of and/or convicted of a criminal offence must have received an absolute discharge or a pardon. Candidates must submit to a criminal record check from a local police service, and sign the criminal consent form giving permission for a background check.
- License- Must possess and maintain a valid Canadian Driver’s License (Copy Must Be Attached)
- Driver's Abstract - Indicating an acceptable driving record for last three (3) years (Copy Must Be Attached)
- CPR & First Aid - Current Standard Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (C.P.R.) Level C. Current Standard First Aid. Candidates must have certification of completion. (Copy Must Be Attached)
- Resume- Up-to-date resume. (Copy Must Be Attached)
- Reference Letters - Three letters of reference of which one must be a work reference. (Copies Must Be Attached)
ONLY applicants selected to proceed in the competition will be required to complete the following:
- Polygraph Examination - Successful completion of polygraph examination
- Psychological Screening – Successful completion of psychological screening.
- Physical Requirements - Successful completion of the P.A.R.E. (Physical Ability Requirement Evaluation) Test form – Part A and B. Test must be conducted by an official test administrator.
- Drug Screening – Successful completion of drug screening.
POLICE APPLICATION PACKAGES MUST BE RETURNED TO HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT at the address below, no later than: 4:00 p.m., Tuesday September 3rd, 2019.
LATE OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE SCREENED OUT.
Please quote: Reference #19.22-E and direct to:
Cape Breton Regional Municipality, Human Resources Department
Suite 303,320 Esplanade
Sydney, N.S. B1P 7B9
Applications/Resumes may also be submitted in the drop-off box: Main Floor, City Hall during regular working hours (8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
Although we thank all applicants for their submissions, we will respond only to those we wish to interview.
CBRM is committed to the principles of Employment Equity and encourages applications from the designated groups; women, visible minorities, aboriginals and persons with disabilities. CBRM encourages the need for respect, integrity, diversity, accountability and the public good.